Cyprus is truly a Destination that many travellers would like to experience at least once is a life time. For the initiated, Cyprus ends up becoming a home away from home as well as the home of choice upon retiring. I should know as Ive visited Cyprus since the summer of August 1992 and Im still aiming to retire there. Its an excellent holiay destination and its becoming popular with mainland Chinese for a number of reasons – investment, immigration, education and health.
Cyprus is the third largest island situated in the north-eastern corner of the Mediterranean Sea. Since becoming a full member of the European Union in May 2004, Cyprus has been transformed into a key outpost in the Eastern Mediterranean, facilitating partnerships and serving as the springboard for investments into Europe, Africa, Middle-East and Asia.
General benefits of investing in Cyprus:
- Geographical location (at the crossroads of three continents – Europe, Asia and Africa)
- A stable economy in a western-type democracy
- Legal system based on English Law
- Excellent telecommunications and air connections
- High level of professional services
- Readily available and highly trained local staff
- Relatively low cost of living
- Low crime level
- Excellent education system up to university level
- Excellent climate
- Stunning coastlines and water sport facilities
- Great lifestyle
- Fascinating history
- Food variety
The Cyprus Government, in its continuous effort to attract foreign investments, has adopted a range of policies that allow third country individuals (non-EU citizens) to obtain Permanent Residence and Citizenship in Cyprus.
- Permanent Residence Permit need not be renewed, it is permanent. It is for life
- Free education in local schools, many private English schools as well as British Universities based in Cyprus
- The best medical facilities and high quality healthcare
- No inheritance tax
- Passport opportunity
- High quality of life
Business Benefits are:
- With its strategic location, great accessibility, excellent infrastructure combined with the numerous Government incentives, Cyprus is an ideal financial and business hub
- With low corporate tax rates, the numerous double tax treaties that Cyprus has concluded with other countries offer tremendous possibilities for international tax planning through Cyprus
IRIS Centre champions Chinese investments into Cyprus working with property developers, lawyers, bankers and investment advisors.